The following is a list of key indicators that mitigate for the need for human factors engineering to be considered and applied. If any items in this list pertain to your workplace, pause, think and ask the question "Can we better fit the work to the worker(s)?"
- Is absenteeism on this task too high?
- Is turnover on this task too high?
- Is production efficiency on this task too low?
- Do employees complain frequently about this task?
- Is personnel assignment on this task limited by age, sex, or body size?
- Is the training for this task too long?
- Is product quality too low?
- Have there been too many accidents on this job?
- Have there been too many medical visits?
- Does the worker frequently make mistakes?
- Is there excessive equipment damage on this job?
- Does this task result in too much material waste?